[OT] Who lives in the by area?

Mike Farnsworth mike.farnsworth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:10:58 PDT 2010

I'm in the East Bay area, working in Berkeley at a movie VFX studio in R&D, but living in a small town north of Richmond.  I'm more of a suburbia guy, but I don't want to be too far from a big city.  Places to stay away from: most of west/north Oakland, the iron triangle area of Richmond.  If you have to go there, do so only during the day.  Good places to see: Marin county has a ton of neat stuff, and of course down south along the coastline toward Monterrey.  There are some good bike/hiking trails up in the hills above Berkeley/Oakland (Tilden regional park, Wildcat Canyon area).  Walks along the embarcadero in SF are always interesting, of course.

One thing you'll find:  you will never run out of good places to eat in the bay area, be they hole-in-the-wall places in SF or nice/authentic restaurants elsewhere.

-Mike