Fatal flaw in D design which is holding back widespread adoption

BCS none at anon.com
Tue Mar 30 16:57:01 PDT 2010

Hello Matt,

> The fatal flaw is that tabs are 8 characters in D's official style
> guide

I've said it before, the only way to have anything relating to formatting
(a standard or even a standard of not having a standard) that doesn't drive
half the people up the wall is to have the only legal formatting (compiler
enforced) be *so bad* (and thus drive everyone up the wall) that everyone
is forced to use real time auto-formatting.

I'm not even half joking (maybe a third). This is not a solvable problem.

That said, I think just flat out avoiding any official stance on formatting
would be better than what is there. But I really have a hard time caring
about the opinions of someone who would drop a language over such an issue.

--
... <IXOYE><