DSpec / Templates + Delegates

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 31 07:49:18 PDT 2010

On 31-mar-10, at 16:33, bearophile wrote:

> Fawzi Mohamed:
>> It is a randomized unittest framework.
>
> It seems similar to the famous:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickCheck

indeed (as I say in the doc) it was inspired by it, it is a bit
different as it supports also non random (i.e. combinatorial) tests
(which makes it possible to integrate "normal" tests more easily), and
one can also use mixins to change the generators (but I found mixins
unnecessary in retrospect).
I liked it much when programming in haskell...

> Later people have built similar automatic testing systems for
> Python, Java, etc.
>
> The idea is nice, but they get created and used in OO languages only
> when a traditional unit test system is already in place. So maybe
> this is why it has had no success so far in D.

Well I use it, and am happy with it (I suppose because I prefer
writing functions than testcases), but it seems that it is not
something other D programmer know/enjoy/want much :).