Solution for Fatal flaw in D design which is holding back widespread adoption(tm)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Mar 31 10:49:31 PDT 2010

"Bane" <branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hovb6n$13sr$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Would something like tidyMyHorribleDcode be a solution?
> Put a conf file in source somewhere which states how many
> tabs/spaces/whatever.
> Before you comit code back to shared repository you run tidy to convert
> code to D spe format.
>
> When you checkout code from repo you run tidy with your custom settings.
>
> A great & simple solution for trivial problem not worth talking about it.

It would be a start. Used by itself it would be a bit of a hassle, but
having it hooked up to auto-run upon checkout/commit or upon save/load in
the editor (this would ideally be better since you can double-check the
reults before committing) would be pretty much what I already had in mind as
a solution.

Alhough it wouldn't necessarily even need to be a full-fledged source
formatter. Just something to sanitize the whitespace between start-of-line
and anything non-whitespace would be a huge improvement *and* be
cross-language.