console output in dll doesn't work OT a bit

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Mar 31 13:53:29 PDT 2010

BLS wrote:
> a bit OT sorry..
> Rainer,
> did you give D2 static variables inside an DLL a try ? Are they thread
> local ? it looks like but I am not sure.

static variables that are neither const/immutable nor shared are in
thread local storage.

 > In case that they are > another
> question is coming up > who cares about de- alloc. Guess I have to. You
> see me clueless.

I'm not sure what you mean by "de-alloc". The dll_helper functions in
DllMain take care of initializing and deinitializing the tls-data
(running static ctors and dtors) when new threads are created or
terminated.

With the current version you cannot share gc-allocated memory between
DLLs. When the DLL is unloaded the complete heap used by the DLL is
destroyed.