// A great help for the best D, I think //

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sat May 1 15:41:14 PDT 2010

Rick Trelles wrote:

> It has occurred to me that a rather simple setup would help a lot in
> those respects: If someone just sets up a new bulletin board and turns
> every item in www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0, or at least those in the
> language and library references, into topics, a huge beneficial activity
> would be unleashed:

The problem is that many people only one to follow topics in one place,
and currently the NG is that place. www.stackoverflow.com is a good
place to ask questions about language features though. And as Walter
points out, each page has a wiki.

I think SO is a good place to ask such questions; it has tags, well
known, and many D users follow it. But the NG is still the place to find
most answers.

Not saying the idea is bad, but the active community really isn't large
enough for it likely to happen.