Tango & Phobos

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun May 2 21:42:37 PDT 2010

"Justin Spahr-Summers" <Justin.SpahrSummers at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.26479be5b58cc3f9989694 at news.digitalmars.com...
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 18:25:07 -0400, Jeff Nowakowski <jeff at dilacero.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 05/02/2010 05:01 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes, this is the one and only time I did that. Maybe it was a really
>> > bad
>> > idea, and something we can point to in the future as why it shouldn't
>> > be
>> > done again.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> I suppose you're asking "you" to the community, but anyways: Yes, it was
>> a really bad idea. You should restore the posts of others without them
>> having to "opt-out" of having their posts deleted. Yes, it is a good
>> example of why it shouldn't be done again. Note that the post from Lars
>> you deleted shed lots of light and no heat on the matter.
>>
>> The subject of moderation has been discussed many times. I believe open
>> discussion and free speech is worth dealing with the occasional heated
>> discussions. I don't see what changed in this instance to make you
>> reverse your policy, except for your personal involvement.
>
> That wasn't the real Lars, nor his actual post. It was blatant trolling;
> just look at the name.

I think we're all talking about three different posts and getting them all
confused with each other:

- This one: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.phobos/359  (Posted by
a Lars *Igesund*)

- A post elsewhere in this very thread that took the post above, replaced
all the words with the word "blah" and changed the last name to
"Douchegesund".

- A post on the Tango Forums, that used to be here:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/forums/topic/878 but is now gone. This
one was made by me reposting Walter's original post in this thread, at the
suggestion of Jason House and Walter (FWIW, we were just trying to be
helpful. Not that I'm taking it personally or anything).