std.gregorian

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 04:44:48 PDT 2010

On Sat, 01 May 2010 21:38:06 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> I just committed a first draft of std.gregorian. The design and the code
> are copied from Jeff Garland's Boost date and time library. Once we get
> the library in shape and I discuss the matter with Jeff, I'll insert the
> proper attributions in the file.
>
> http://dsource.org/projects/phobos/browser/trunk/phobos/std/gregorian.d
>
> For the record I am stating that I have never looked at the Tango design
> or implementation of dates and times or in general.
>
> There's plenty more to do. It would be great if others could continue
> this work, to which I can't dedicate much more time. Until the ongoing
> issue finds a solution, only people who have not looked at Tango date
> and time should work on std.gregorian.

FWIW, I have used boost date_time in the past, but I didn't really like
it.  Particularly the part where every unit is its own type (dunno, that
may have changed, it was several years ago that I used it).  If we could
try to combine these types together, I think it would be beneficial.

-Steve