Improving Compiler Error Messages

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon May 3 09:57:53 PDT 2010

BCS wrote:
> People cite typing speed, but who here is actually limited by that?
> Everyone I can think of spends WAY more time thinking than typing. If
> you are limited by your typing speed then ether you type VERY slow (a
> one fingered typist) or you are already way more productive than anyone
> I've ever met.

; is not even a shift character. Talking about typing speed with it suggests one
also has a speed problem with the . at the end of a sentence.

In any case, in 8th grade during the summer once I was bored and decided to take
a local typing class. It was 2 weeks, an hour a day, and we learned on old
mechanical typewriters where you really needed to hammer the keys.

Given all the keyboarding I've done since, it's probably the most productive
class I've ever taken :-) It makes me cringe watching people type with 2 fingers
at high speed.