Unit tests in D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed May 5 11:24:37 PDT 2010

Adam D. Ruppe:
> 	static assert(!__traits(compiles, octal!"not a number"));
> [...]
> So I see the use, but I don't think any special syntax is required. This
> works well enough.

Improving that syntax is not necessary, but in my dlibs1 I have to use something like that (using is()) for about 70 KB of templates, it gets tiring and it's easy to make mistakes :-) So even if it's not necessary, it can be handy for me.

My post about unit test features contains other things worth discussing about. This was just the first point :-)

Bye,
bearophile