Unit tests in D

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:42:09 PDT 2010

bearophile, el  6 de mayo a las 12:43 me escribiste:
> Leandro Lucarella:
> > Please, remove the leading __ from features that are standard (as oposed
> > from implementation extensions).
>
> I appreciate Walter's decision to use those __names: it allows us to use
> and try a feature now, it allows to create its implementation
> progressively, and gives time to design its user interface well after
> it's being used for some time.

Yes, but that are now all established features. It's OK to throw them in
the wild for the first time, but when they prove themselves successful and
re here to stay, and the language is close to be finished, I think it
makes no sense to leave the leading __, when it has a long history of
being used for non-standard extensions (not to mention the uglyness that
they bring to the code).