Apple disallows D-Sources

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 7 11:53:40 PDT 2010

"Manfred_Nowak" <svv1999 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9D7186B8ABBF1svv1999hotmailcom at 65.204.18.192...
> http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/iphone_agreement_bans_flash_compiler
> -manfred

I came across that the other day, and frankly, I wasn't the least bit
surprised. Apple has always been a company that makes MS look like the FSF,
and the iPhone has already been proof of that from day one. It's just that
most people don't notice what kind of company Apple is because Apple users
generally make up only a small (but irritatingly vocal) minority of people,
and it's mostly just the religious Apple zealots who use Apple stuff (and
they're certainly not going to notice Apple's problems), plus most people
these days are consumer whores anyway.

Anyway, that's why I've never even been willing to consider developing
anything for the iPhone. Can't say I feel bad for developers that get hurt
by this, either. If they can't see Apple for what they are, or just don't
care, then of course they're going to get bitten. Fact of life.

More iFascism:

AppStore-related: http://www.paulgraham.com/apple.html

http://www.appletell.com/apple/comment/apple-issues-cease-and-desist-for-itunes-database-analysis/

http://www.itnetcentral.com/tech/alternative-guis-windows-xp-44.html