envy for "Writing Go Packages"

BCS none at anon.com
Fri May 7 18:59:33 PDT 2010

Hello Walter,

> I kind of like the idea that it shouldn't install D packages, but
> rather cache them from the web repository.

One absolute must in my book is that it be trivial to get a build working
without any external dependencies. Tweaking lots of import paths is not trivial.
Some users won't use a system that isn't set up for that. Two things that
come to mind are 1) a mandate that "everything needed to build must be checked
into source control" and 2) a project where the owner, for security reasons,
wanted to be sure that all external dependencies (compiler, libs, etc.) predated
the code that depended on them.

--
... <IXOYE><