Can D be cute? (Qt)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat May 8 05:45:16 PDT 2010

Justin Johansson:
> So how far removed is a solution integrated into D2/D3?

I don't think D2 will change for this. For D3 there is a bit more probability, but as I have said those features are mostly for GUI programming, and so far D doesn't look designed to help GUI creation.

If you care about GUIs in D then I suggest you to do what I have done with unit testing: to use what the language offers you for some months (or some years, as in my case), and to use other languages with better GUI integration/usage too to learn from them, and then to distil what you have learnt in a list of what you think is both important and harder to do with the standard D2 language, trying to keep things as simple to implement as possible. After you have discussed such list with other people you can then use it to write an enhancement request :-) And that will be the starting point. Designing things is a lot of work.

Bye,
bearophile