Spellechecker - is this really fun?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sat May 8 07:58:52 PDT 2010

Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:

> I've just downloaded the latest dmd2, and it hangs. I believe that's due to
> recently introduced spell-checker. There are many design problems in D and
> countless bugs in the compiler. Why even bother spending time on this
> particular feature? Not only its usefulness is dubious, but it causes more
> harm than it's worth. Which position is it on the priority list(if there is
> such a list) and why?

The spellchecker was introduced in 2.041 and mentioned as a simple feature
that didn't take much time to implement. And of course it wasn't intended to
be this slow. I can't recall dmd 2.041 being as slow as the latest version
btw.

I find the spellchecker useful, not a major thing but I like it. So yes, it
used to be fun for a while ;)