Things I Learned from ACCU 2010

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 11:57:06 PDT 2010

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound1 at digitalmars.com)'s article

http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/parallelFuture/parallelFuture.d

> >> Docs: http://cis.jhu.edu/~dsimcha/parallelFuture.html
> >
> > Cool!
> Unfortunately, it currently fails to compile with D2.

Can you tell me what errors you're getting?  I realize that map and reduce are
slightly brittle due to a combination of severe abuse of templates and subtle
differences in the way different compiler releases handle IFTI, but for me all the
unittests still compile and run successfully on 2.045.  Also, I eat my own dogfood
regularly and haven't noticed any problems with this lib, though the vast majority
of my uses are the parallel foreach loop, not map and reduce.