Can D be cute? (Qt)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 8 13:03:02 PDT 2010

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hs3rju$ac1$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I'm in the middle of reading the PyQt book, and I really appreciate how
> easy it is to implement GUI design & behavior in Qt using Python. I have
> yet to try mixing Python with D, but it should be possible. Personally, I
> would leave all the GUI stuff to Python, and most of the data manipulation
> (where speed is crucial) to C/D.
>
> It's probably best to pick the best language for a particular job. Unless
> the coder is stuck using only one language, for whatever reason it may be.

Years of web development has led me to the conclusion that there's
significant, but frequently overlooked, benefit in sticking to as few
languages as possible (preferably one that's as general-purpose as possible)
as opposed to spreading an app across a variety of languages.

But then, of course, web development isn't so much a case of "choosing the
best languages for the individual jobs" as it is "being forced into the
worst languages for the individual jobs" ;)