Can D be cute? (Qt)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 8 15:22:37 PDT 2010

"Michel Fortin" <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote in message
news:hs4njf$1mmr$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2010-05-08 16:15:58 -0400, "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> said:
>
>> "Michel Fortin" <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote in message
>> news:hs3uft$efc$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> Everywhere? Saying Qt apps looks good and behave well on a Mac is kind
>>> of
>>> a stretch. I have yet to see one that is not sub-par compared from what
>>> would expect from an equivalent Cocoa implementation.
>>
>> This is first I've heard of that. I find it interesting though. Can you
>> post
>> comparison screenshots and explain some of the behavioral differences? I
>> promise I'll try my best to refrain from another of my "Apple sucks"
>> rants
>> ;) (I saw the screenshot that was linked to in the comment that you
>> linked
>> to, but I couldn't quite make heads or tails of what exactly it was
>> demonstrating.)
>
> It's not "crappy" (I never said that),

Didn't mean to imply that you did :)

> [big snip]

Ahh, interesting.

I don't use Opera, but I have tried it briefly and I seem to have a vague
recollection that it wasn't quite native-look-and-feel on my Win machine
either (but I might be remembering wrong).

> But in comparison, Chrome is much better: they're using a real Cocoa GUI
> and it shows.

Now that I find really surprising. On Windows, Chrome is one of the biggest
offenders of "To hell with native look & feel!" that I've ever seen.