[OT] Re: Can D be cute? (Qt)

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sun May 9 03:20:44 PDT 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> "Lutger" <lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:hs5n6h$5k4$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>>> "Michel Fortin" <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote in message
>>> news:hs4s7g$1tc4$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> Ahh, I was including the browser window. Regarding the dialog/preference
>>> windows:
>>>
>>> The dialog *body* has a very native look & feel, and I think it probably
>>> uses the native controls.
>>>
>>> The title/frame/border looks identical to non-accelerated Aero...but I'm
>>> on
>>> XP. One hell of a blatant gaffe. (And even if I were on Win7, I would
>>> definitely set the system to the "Classic" non-aero style anyway. There's
>>> number of things I like better about it, aesthetics just being one
>>> reason).
>>
>> you can right-click and select 'Use system title bar and borders'. Or are
>> you
>> referring to the looks only?
>
> That's not showing up for me.

Ok, looks like this is specific for the linux chrome version. You have to
right-click in the chrome title bar btw, not just anywhere.

I do agree though that apps should respect or at least enable title bar
decoration and theming. (Note that microsoft apps like office 2007 do not do
this!) Most, if not all, linux window managers can be configured to force
system titlebar decorations, perhaps it is also possible under windows.