Improving Compiler Error Messages

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmail.com
Tue May 11 21:27:48 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:

> http://www.drdobbs.com/blog/archives/2010/05/improving_compi.html
>
> The next dmd update is getting the fruits of this.

Actually, at this point, the biggest improvement to dmd's error messages
that I'd like to see is for it to stop complaining about phobos modules when
I have compile errors. Ideally, the errors would point to the lines in my
code which are using the phobos code incorrectly rather than complaining
about the phobos code. This seems to happen most frequently with
std.algorithm and std.range - at least, that's where I've seen them the
most, but I use those two module heavily. Regardless however, it would be
nice if it didn't happen at all.

- Jonathan M Davis