Logger for D

Masahiro Nakagawa repeatedly at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:05:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:54:23 +0900, sybrandy <sybrandy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know that I created a simple logging
> library for D.  I wrote it as I wanted to debug my programs without
> having to deal with standard output and have used it for several little
> coding adventures.
>
> https://launchpad.net/dlogger
>
> The main features are:
>
> - Supports trace, info, dbug (debug), error, and fatal log errors.
> - Logging levels can be changed while the program is running
> - Is thread safe (hopefully)
> - If compiled with -version=nologger, it's like you never included it.
>
> Besides satisfying my own needs, I felt that a logging library of some
> sort would be good for Phobos, hence why I'm making this available.
>
> Please report any issues/suggestions to the launchpad site.

I want two features.

- file-size or time-based rotation
Manual management is very bother.

- filter
I think message customization is useful(e.g. coloring for terminal).
Some loggers support this functionality(Log4j, Boost.log, etc...).

I once wrote a logger. My logger is here.

http://www.bitbucket.org/repeatedly/scrap/src/tip/logger.d

This logger supports above features(Rotation is file-size only).

Hope this helps.