Building subprojects (Re: envy for "Writing Go Packages")

BCS none at anon.com
Thu May 13 15:33:31 PDT 2010

Hello Graham,

> I was concerned
> others might think the lack of a pre-compiled library was too hackish
> (though I quite like it!). I think I'll proceed, and come back with
> some sample code.

[...]
> Thanks to your suggestion, I just discovered 'pragma("lib", ...)'
> which does exactly what I wanted, and in a canoncial way.

put those together and an idea crops up: allow more than just local lib files
in that pragma, URL's come to mind but I'd think that some way to say a path
is relative to the root of the current package (local, mapped or whatnot)
might be every useful.

pragma(lib, "foo"); // as today
pragma(lib, "@foo"); // derived from package root, downloaded if needed,
might need to ask user "y/n" for that.

(BTW: hard coding the extension looks like a bad idea to me.)

--
... <IXOYE><