complement to $

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 07:33:55 PDT 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010 10:25:23 -0400, Michel Fortin
<michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:

> On 2010-05-14 09:20:10 -0400, "Steven Schveighoffer"
> <schveiguy at yahoo.com> said:
>
>> So how does this look:  coll[^..$];
>>  Thoughts? other ideas?
>
> 	coll[µ..$];
>
> The funny thing is that you can probably make it work today if you want
> since 'µ' is a valid identifier. Unfortunately you can't use €. :-)

Not exactly, µ would have to be a global with the same type/meaning
everywhere.  I want to control the type per container, so the compiler
would still have to treat it special, or I would have to use
coll[coll.µ..$].

If I didn't want to control the type, I could of course use 0 to that same
effect.

Besides, I can't type that character or any of those others (had to
copy-paste), so I don't see it being a viable alternative :)

-Steve