public import and bugs it causes

Alex Makhotin alex at bitprox.com
Fri May 14 11:56:30 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> name is too common an identifier.  I think std.compiler should not use
> it, it should be something like compiler_name.

You cannot force all the vendors of all the libraries to be so diligent.
Due to I have the source code, I fixed it fast. What if I don't and only
have the headers which cannot modify? The compiler warning would
eliminate such issue.

> FYI, this can be forced by wxD library using something like:
>
> public import std.compiler : compiler_name = name;
>
> -Steve

To substitute one one problem with the potential of another?

--
Alex Makhotin,
the founder of BITPROX,