public import and bugs it causes

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri May 14 15:26:39 PDT 2010

Alex Makhotin:
> As far as I know the C# hasn't such complications, why should D?

Note that D module system is not modelled on C#. I think (but I can be wrong) D module system is a partially ignorant implementation of the Python module system (with "partially ignorant" I mean that it looks like D module system doesn't fully understand the Python module system and why it's designed that way, so some parts of it are left out for no good reason or badly implemented, so it lacks coherence. This comment doesn't consider the implementation bugs).

Bye,
bearophile