Poll: Primary D version

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu May 20 11:19:35 PDT 2010

"div0" <div0 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:ht3tfa$2smm$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I'm surprised so many people who don't use D bother to read this news
> group and voted on the poll. Surely they must have better things to do.

I have a few guesses for that phonomenon:

- There are a lot of people who are keeping a close eye on D, but aren't
ready/able to commit to any use just yet. In fact, I've already been under
the impression that that's the case.

- Troll and/or trolls. I turned on "enable IP logging", but I didn't turn on
"prevent multiple votes from same IP", since shared IPs are fairly common.
Maybe GirlProgrammer's been messing with it. Or maybe the Reddit
D-Downvoters found it. Maybe I made a mistake by not preventing multiple
votes from same IP. Maybe if it turn that on it'll apply retro-actively...or
maybe not? I dunno, I really should get around to making my own poll
software.

- Maybe people misunderstood what I meant by "Which version of D do you
primarily use?". What I meant was "When you use D, which version do you use
more heavily?". Maybe there are people thinking "Well, I use D, but my
primary language is C/Python/Java/whatever, so I'll say 'None'". Question to
all, including lurkers: Did anyone say "None" because that's what they
thought it meant?