Default argument values

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu May 20 15:53:42 PDT 2010

> The nullable is done compactly, with an extra uint argument
>  that encodes what arguments are actually given or what ones
> are not given and need to be initialized inside the function.

In ShedSkin things are more complex, the uint has to be a bitmask, because arguments are named and can be specified or not specified in not a fixed order. I have shown an example for the less flexible D calling syntax, where your can't ask for default arguments just in the middle of the list of arguments.

Bye,
bearophile