Poll: Primary D version

Viktor H. viktor.h at laposte.net
Fri May 21 16:40:00 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 14:19 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "div0" <div0 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> news:ht3tfa$2smm$1 at digitalmars.com...
> >
> > I'm surprised so many people who don't use D bother to read this news
> > group and voted on the poll. Surely they must have better things to do.
> >

> I have a few guesses for that phonomenon:
>
> - There are a lot of people who are keeping a close eye on D, but aren't
> ready/able to commit to any use just yet. In fact, I've already been under
> the impression that that's the case.

That's exactly my case. I'm waiting for D2 to stabilise, for D2
compilers to hit Debian unstable, and for me having both some time and a
good itch to scratch. For the time being, I find this newsgroup very
informative, versatile and yet not too busy to follow as an infrequent
visitor.

Thanks to everyone who makes this possible,
Viktor.