pulling teeth

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 22 15:47:06 PDT 2010

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ht9ka3$1dqd$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> If I had hundreds of dollars to toss around, I'd get my bad tooth pulled.
>
> Your original teeth are always better than the replacements, no matter how
> bad they are, unless they are causing you great pain. Don't let some
> greedy dentist convince you otherwise.
>
> Pulling a tooth can also destabilize its neighbors.
>
> 30 years ago, the dentist told me I needed my wisdom teeth pulled. I
> refused, and I still have them, and they're fine.
>
> Another thing - dentistry advances rapidly, along with their ability to
> save teeth.
>
> I don't know your situation, but be reluctant and skeptical about pulling
> teeth. Get a second opinion.

Good to know. In my case though, it's a wisdom tooth and, I would say that
it's chipped, but it would be more accurate to say that half of it is gone,
and what remains has two sharp edges (Kinda like a two-pronged fork pointing
into the gums). It's not really causing much pain, but I do conciously try
to chew on the other side (unnatural for me) because if I were to bite down
on something the wrong way, then it would hurt like hell. Plus two dentists
have already said it should go. The first one did wanted me to get all the
wisdoms out. But the second one just said the one needed it and that the
other three didn't matter either way.

I know I didn't actually need to say any of that, but, well, HIPAA be
damnned ;)