pulling teeth

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 22 17:32:31 PDT 2010

retard wrote:
> In my case the wisdom teeth didn't really fit in my mouth and harmed the
> occlusion. The doctors first tried to fix it with braces, but the growing
> wisdow tooth pushed it so hard that the first iteration of braces broke.
> After they removed the wisdom teeth, the treatment has again improved the
> occlusion to its previous pre wisdom teeth state.

There can be good reasons to remove wisdom teeth. In my case, the dentist did
not have a good reason, and in Nick's case the first clearly did not, either.
I've also seen dentists that do astonishingly good work.

Just be careful. They're your teeth, not the dentist's, and you're the one who
has to live with the results. There's no going back from having one pulled.

For me, this all went back to when I was a kid my dad told me a story about a
colleague of his with bad teeth. He had a lot of trouble with them, and his
dentist eventually convinced him to have them pulled and replaced with dentures.
My father said he sure was sorry, because no matter the trouble he had with his
teeth, they were a heluva lot better than dentures.