GWT clone

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Sat May 22 22:22:14 PDT 2010

On 05/22/2010 09:15 PM, Mathias Laurenz Baumann wrote:

>> Question: as someone who has never used either of the engines that you
>> reference, do they actually perform impl language -> JS conversions?
>
> GWT does that for sure.

Interesting. Maybe I'll have a look at it sometime.

> Do you think I need such a deep understanding? Couldn't I just choose to
> support a certain subset of D and do only more simple conversation
> without in-depth analysis and all this?

I was mostly alluding to dmd. It's a complicated critter and rather
large. Maybe not so friendly. But I really don't know what else you'd use.

But yeah, if you restrict the language and library use enough, you could
probably reduce it to a workable problem.