Bug fix week

Don nospam at nospam.com
Mon May 24 07:08:08 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> We've had a tremendous infusion of talent and energy in Phobos, and
> lately work has picked up in unprecedented ways, both in terms of new
> features and bug fixes. I can't say how happy I am about that!
>
> At the end of this starting week, on Friday May 28, TDPL will be out on
> trucks to bookstores.
>
> Let's make this week a bug fixing week for both dmd and Phobos, and
> issue a release on Monday. We're going public!
>

> Andrei

IMHO, one of the most important bugs to fix is actually a spec bug:

4056 Template instantiation with bare parameter not documented

The foo!int syntax as a shortcut for foo!(int) isn't documented anywhere
in the spec!! This is an embarrassing omission and should be fixed ASAP.
Anyone could submit a patch with suggested wording for this one.