Installing D on MacOS X Leopard box

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Tue May 25 06:19:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Michel Fortin wrote:

> On 2010-05-24 21:56:55 -0400, Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net> said:
>
> > Hello list...
> >
> > I'm new to D, but not programming. I've followed the instructions on
> >
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-osx.html
> >
> > However, I keep on getting this error:
> >
> > dnormandin@ ~/programming/dmd2/code
> > 04:38 pm >> dmd -w firstApp.d
> > object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be
> > read
> > import path[0] = /etc/../../src/phobos
> > import path[1] = /etc/../../src/druntime/import
> >
> > My guess is that dmd.conf is hosed somehow. I haven't edited the
> > default one - I've got it living in /etc/.
>
> If you want to avoid the hassle of installing things manually, you can also
> use the D for Xcode installer which, in addition to installing a plugin for
> Xcode, downloads and installs the latest version of DMD 1 and 2.
>
> <http://michelf.com/projects/d-for-xcode/>

Have it already - thanks! However, _now_ I need a tutorial on how to
use XCode, cuz I've been using emacs forever. I dabbled in ObjC for
awhile, but never got anywhere with, because I spent most of my time
keeping XCode happy. I don't want that to happen with my D
experience. Do you know of a _real good_ XCode tutorial?
--
Duke