Poll: Primary D version

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue May 25 12:11:07 PDT 2010

Bill Baxter:
> Do you have any citations of that?  All I can find on LuaJIT.org is
> comparisons of LuaJIT vs other versions of Lua.

On my site you can see a version of the SciMark2 benchmark (that contains several sub-benchmarks, naive scientific kernels, mostly) for D with numerous timings. LDC is able to compile it quite well.

You can find a version of that code here:
http://luajit.org/download/scimark.lua
I have compiled the awesome LUA JIT (it's easy) on Linux, and found timings against ldc, dmd.
I have taken similar timings for another benchmark (nboby, from Shootout site).

Bye,
bearophile