64-bit support (Was: Poll: Primary D version)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed May 26 06:27:00 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-25 20:00:44 -0400, retard <re at tard.com.invalid> said:

> Because of the non-free license he is the only person who
> can fix this -- I can't officially redistribute a fixed .zip package or
> any other repackaged dmd.

Well, there is a way: create something that automatically downloads,
extract, and set the executable bits on the proper file. This is
exactly what D for Xcode does. If anyone is interested, I've put the
scripts it uses for that here: <http://michelf.com/docs/dmd-install/>

I expect they'll work fine on Linux, but you may want to change the
DX_INSTALL_DIR variable in the dmd1download.sh and dmd2download.sh
files (D for Xcode installs in /Library/Compilers). Feel free to adapt
and redistribute the scripts as you like; they're available under GPL 2
or later, same as the rest of D for Xcode.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/