Bug fix week

Don nospam at nospam.com
Thu May 27 07:55:39 PDT 2010

Stewart Gordon wrote:
> Don wrote:
> <snip>
>> IMHO, one of the most important bugs to fix is actually a spec bug:
>>
>> 4056 Template instantiation with bare parameter not documented
> <snip>
>
> Why single out that one?

Because it's a feature that is used in almost every non-trivial D2
program, and the spec gives no hint that it even exists. Without it, you
can't even make sense of many of the Phobos docs. It's an absolute
disaster for anyone taking a first look at the language -- something
which we expect to happen frequently in the next few weeks.