[OT] Votes on resolved bugs (was: Bug fix week)

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 15:32:27 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
<snip>
> I don't feel like pouring through a bugzilla discussion, but the reason
> is because I may have gone to vote for an issue, but found I was out of
> votes, and I want to keep my existing ones (or I had to cancel another
> bug vote in order to vote for the new one).  At a later time when one of
> my voted-for bugs gets resolved, then I can vote for the issue I
> couldn't vote on, or removed my vote from.

The best way to deal with that, IMO, would be for the bugmail to include
a note like "You have voted for this bug" when the bug is resolved.  If
it were done by an alert when you log in, either it would lose its
effect or you would have to waste time checking the list to see whether
it's just the same bug(s) that you've deliberately left your vote on as
before.

Stewart.