Bug fix week

SHOO zan77137 at nifty.com
Fri May 28 09:56:00 PDT 2010

Bruno Medeiros さんは書きました:
> On 26/05/2010 21:14, Masahiro Nakagawa wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:50:14 +0900, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>
>>> We've had a tremendous infusion of talent and energy in Phobos, and
>>> lately work has picked up in unprecedented ways, both in terms of new
>>> features and bug fixes. I can't say how happy I am about that!
>>>
>>> At the end of this starting week, on Friday May 28, TDPL will be out
>>> on trucks to bookstores.
>>>
>>> Let's make this week a bug fixing week for both dmd and Phobos, and
>>> issue a release on Monday. We're going public!
>>>

>>> Andrei
>> I think we need improvement of DDoc.
>> Current DDoc doesn't keep up with D Spec(e.g. ignore @attribute, pure,
>> etc...).
>
> I very much agree with this.

I agree too.
DDoc really lacks details of D2's key features. And those features are
not used even in Phobos.
Therefore, the features that does not understand how to use.
In particular, I paid attention to shared, but I could  not have any
good idea.
Please make key features clear, and describe documentation.
Otherwise, no one will bring even one problem up.

I let Phobos support @safe, and I enumerated some problems last time.
See also: http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/phobos/2010-May/000488.html
Following this, shared, Range, pure, nothrow, etc...  should be used in
fact, too, and should be evaluated.