Go has contempt for generics

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri May 28 18:12:35 PDT 2010

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/c93iy/go_at_io_frequently_asked_questions/

"Do you have plans to implement generics?
Many proposals for generics-like features have been mooted both publicly
and internally, but as yet we haven't found a proposal that is
consistent with the rest of the language. We think that one of Go's key
strengths is its simplicity, so we are wary of introducing new features
that might make the language more difficult to understand. Additionally,
the more Go code we write (and thus the better we learn how to write Go
code ourselves), the less we feel the need for such a language feature."

That has Java 1994 written all over it.

Andrei