Go has contempt for generics

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat May 29 06:47:03 PDT 2010

> In any case, while I would agree with you that it generally works better for
> a language to have generics of some kind, there are plenty of languages
> which get by just fine without them.

Yah, it's not the generics per se. That's why I mentioned "response to
problems usually tackled by generics in contemporary languages". More
dynamic languages achieve things in different ways. But Go seems to
claim that built-in arrays, hashes, and channels are all you'll ever
need that's generic. I believe that's a mistake.

Andrei