std.mmfile doc.

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sat May 29 18:34:27 PDT 2010

On 29/05/2010 21:53, Robert wrote:
> On 2010-05-29 18:01:13 +0200, BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> said:
>
>> seems that the std.mmfile documentation is not up to date.
>> Unfortunately I haven't D2 on this machine. But afaik UnMap was part
>> of std.mmfile. I wrote this 'cause Robert plans to write a memory
>> mapped database, and I've recommended him to use Phobos2 instead of
>> Tango.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I already took a look at the code and IIRC I saw
> UnMap in there.
>
> --
> Robert M. Münch
> http://www.robertmuench.de

I was involved (a little bit) in the Suneido DB dev.

Since Andrew, the Author of Suneido, is going to port the core database
from C++ to Java, he immediately has to find out that the memory mapped
file implementation of SDK 1.5 is..erm...shi* 'cause of non existing
UnMap, slicing,  et al...
D shines here. Also build in GC, std.algo. all in all a good starting
point. IO Streaming, well, guess Andrei should say something about it.

In case that you need some help in designing your DB, do not hesitate to
ask Andrew. He's a nice guy and always willing to help.
Bjoern