Binary data-structure serialization

Robert robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Sun May 30 05:28:40 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-30 12:38:10 +0200, Robert <robert.muench at robertmuench.de> said:

> Hi, are there are any projectes / snippets / prototypes where someone
> tried to serializa D run-time data-structures (like an associative
> array) into a file?

Thinking further about this: How about a way to change the underlying
memory manager from RAM to a MMF? If I could specify which memory
allocator to use when creating a class, The class could be created in a
MMF (which is mapped to main memory and hence there should be no
difference in speed) and all references would go to the MMF as well.

With such a low-level switch persistent data-structures would be for
free. The memory allocator could be optimized to yield minimal MMF.

Any comments?

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.robertmuench.de