If you have to learn just one programming language

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Mon May 31 11:11:25 PDT 2010

Mon, 31 May 2010 13:57:34 -0400, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> retard Wrote:
>
>> snip
>
> Even though he said all of that, he wouldn't be here and post so often
> if he didn't think D was a good language.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

And my "opinions" weren't completely wrong. You can easily see this by
writing a 5 LOC backend plugin for the 64-bit ARM backend of DMD. This
plugin should send you email every time the compilations succeeds. When
you compile this plugin, DMD should generate better whole program
optimizations than GCC 4.5. The plugin should also use lambdas with a
terser syntax than Haskell and its whole program type inference. The same
heap allocating closure should also work with both D1 and D2. Did I
forget to say that the plugin should also display the contents of some
internal compiler struct with .stringof - luckily the construct is fully
documented in the spec.