The Computer Languages Shootout Game

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 11:34:14 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 11/1/10, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> From: Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
> Subject: Re: The Computer Languages Shootout Game
> To: digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
> Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 11:02 AM
> Isaac Gouy wrote:
> > On 10/31/2010 5:13 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> >> The thing about that shootout is D used to be on
> there, until the
> >> maintainer of the site removed it.
> >
> > D still is on there. The maintainer of the site did
> not remove it.
> >
> > http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/measurements.php?lang=dlang
>
> Thanks, but I don't find any links to that from the home
> page.

The home page shows the current benchmarks game.

The link to the out-of-date measurements is on the help page

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/help.php#history

D is one of the 30 or so language implementations not measured on Q6600 that were measured on Pentium 4.

(Incidentally if you would prefer D not to be shown in the out-of-date measurements - because you feel it's unrepresentative of the current state of D language implementations - just ask for it to be removed.)

> >> He refuses to include D on the benchmarks.
> >
> > Being included in the current benchmarks game isn't an
> entitlement.
> > What I refuse to do is let you guys dictate how I
> spend my free time.
>
> I'm not happy with your choice, but I don't dictate to you
> or anyone else. It's your site and you can do as you please
> with it.

Maybe someone in the D community will make the effort and produce comparison performance measurements, and then you can choose to publish them (or not) on the D website.