The Computer Languages Shootout Game

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 12:04:47 PDT 2010

--- On Mon, 11/1/10, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> From: Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
> Subject: Re: The Computer Languages Shootout Game
> To: digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
> Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 11:54 AM
> Isaac Gouy wrote:
> >> I'm not happy with your choice, but I don't
> dictate to you or anyone else.
> >> It's your site and you can do as you please with
> it.
> > Maybe someone in the D community will make the effort
> and produce comparison
> > performance measurements, and then you can choose to
> publish them (or not) on
> > the D website.
>

> Nobody would believe benchmarks on the D web site. Heck, I
> don't believe any benchmarks published by the developers of
> any language.

When you publish the source code of the programs, and the compile and build logs, and the compiler and linker versions, and the OS the measurements were made on, ... others don't have to just "believe" because they can try to confirm the measurements for themselves.

Which is why the benchmarks game measurement scripts markup source code and log the build -

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32q/program.php?test=meteor&lang=gpp&id=4#log