LDC2 Status [was: Marketing D]

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 1 13:18:56 PDT 2010

== Quote from Michel Fortin (michel.fortin at michelf.com)'s article
> On 2010-11-01 11:02:02 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> said:
> > On 11/1/10 3:26 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> >> In a month, the GDC project may be in such a position (up to date +
> >> stable) that I
> >> will likely do so.
> >
> > I wonder what we can do about increasing GDC's exposure. One common
> > pattern is that people look for GDC, find the defunct version, and
> > conclude that there's no work on it.
> Once GDC is current and stable on Mac OS X, I should be able to add it
> to my D for Xcode installer.

I'm not lavish enough to own one, so I am limited to what I can do there. :~)

I pushed patches for the current apple-gcc (5664) recently. It's based on GCC-4.2,
so I can imagine no problems with it. Just need someone who can build, test, and
send feedback on progress.

BTW: How is LDC2 doing? I don't think anyone has mentioned just *where* they are
in the whole scheme of things.

Iain