D2 on FreeBSD

Ezneh petitv.isat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:10:36 PDT 2010

Hi everyone, hi Walter.

Well, I know this has been asked long time ago and you respond to that question but I wanted to know if D2 will run on FreeBSD "soon" ?

Here's the facts :
Soon, I'll have to use a native compiled language to realize some tasks that will require performance, speed, efficiency, ect.

These tasks will have to run on a FreeBSD system.

I know I can use other languages (C, C++, ect) but I really want to use D2.

So, I don't want to push Walter to port dmd2 on FreeBSD "ASAP" but wanted to know if it's planned soon.

I know you have other things to do on DMD, so do it when you have really the time, it's not really urgent but I'd like to have it someday :-)

BTW, keep going on D and DMD before port it on FreeBSD. It's probably more important to have a good implementation of D on Linux/Windows/Mac OSX with full 64bits support than having a bad implementation of D on all platforms because of me.

I can wait for the port for some time.

Thnaks in advance,
Ezneh.