Spec#, nullables and more

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:02:30 PDT 2010

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 09:48:50 -0400
Gary Whatmore <no at spam.sp> wrote:

> Pelle Månsson Wrote:
> >
> > How, exactly, do you know when your references are null? Without
> > runtime checks, of course.
>
> Good code design makes the null pointer exceptions go away. I carefully ponder what code goes where. Simple as that. That language just introduces a boatload of unnecessary cruft in forms of runtime null checks. I don't need to know the exact temporal location of nulls, it's enough if the code takes care of handling it at run time.

Good code design makes type errors go away. Just have a clear model of the app, carefully match your types with true notions of the domain. Simple as that. Who gets type errors, anyway? Do you? I don't.
It's just unnecessary load over the compiler dev team, isn't it? Let's get rid of that cruft!

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com