Can non-nullable references be implemented as a library?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sun Nov 7 11:54:14 PST 2010

Sun, 07 Nov 2010 19:39:09 +0200, so wrote:

>> Andrei's stance is, either a library addon or ship D without that
>> feature. D's library already contains both tuples and algebraic data
>> types. They're simple to use, almost like in Python. The reason for
>> library addons isn't that builtin features make less sense, the reason
>> is that TDPL is already out and we can't improve the language in any
>> radical way.
>
> Lets talk about solution in this thread more than politics, politics
> "never" improve anything.

There was this other thread here -- "why a part of d community do not
want to go to d2?"

One reason is, there's no good process for handling these feature
proposals. Walter attends useless bikeshed discussions and spreads
misinformation about things he doesn't get, Andrei has excellent
knowledge of languages but he often prefers staying in the background.

There are these DIPs in wiki4d. Were they useful? At least it seems that
this thread is leading nowhere. Half of the people don't know what non-
nullable means. It's hard to trust this process when it seems to go
nowhere. No one wants to validate the design decisions.