null [re: spec#]

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Nov 8 09:37:41 PST 2010

foobar:

> While I like Ruby and test driven development that doesn't obviate the need for a strong type system.
> tests can only prove that whatever invalid inputs you test for are accounted for. Tests CANNOT prove the correctness of your system for all inputs.

In practice on average my small Python programs are less buggy than my small D ones.

Anyway, in D I use the static type system, many unittests, design by contract, all together at the same time, and sometimes they aren't enough, I'd like a bit of static analysis too (as done by lints or better by more sophisticated languages), or automatic fuzzy tests :-)

Bye,
bearophile